Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Naomi Campbell: 'I'll never get away' from cell phone-throwing incident

Naomi Campbell: 'I'll never get away' from cell phone-throwing incident

Naomi Campbell is re-discovering her supermodel side, ditching the drama for a fierce new role on her upcoming model competition show 'The Face.'

In a new interview with ELLE Magazine, the 42-year-old modeling veteran explains that she's taking her mentoring role on the show seriously.

"I care for my girls." Campbell told the mag, out on newsstands Jan 15. "Every single one of them. I'm not here to put anyone down."

But Campbell also confesses she isn't exactly comfortable being on-screen.

"I've always been very shy of doing television," she said. "I've always said no. Not to be disrespectful to anyone-I didn't want to say yes and then let people down."

RELATED: WHEN NAOMI CAMPBELL FIRST REALIZED SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL

Despite all of her barrier-breaking career moments and accolades, a lot of people still think of Campbell as the cell-phone slinging, hot-tempered superdiva that has repeatedly made headlines over the years.

"I'm never gonna get away from it," she says of the 2007 attack on her personal assistant with a cell phone. "It's part of my history. I was remorseful and regretful. I've served. I did that time. And I never want to be in that position again."

RELATED: NAOMI CAMPBELL BREAKS DOWN ON OPRAH: 'I'M ASHAMED'

When asked about how her show measures up to the Tyra Banks empire that is 'America's Next Top Model,' Campbell put it politely:

"I don't watch the other reality model shows," she said. "I'll never have anything to say. If you ask me about Tyra Banks, I'm proud of her as a woman of color. She's given girls opportunity, and God bless her."

No comments:

Post a Comment