Friday, January 18, 2013

Rimes criticizes Glanville over Twitter feud

Rimes criticizes Glanville over Twitter feud

Leann Rimes and Brandi Glanville.

Leann Rimes (left) has been bombarded with angry tweets from her husband's ex, Brandi Glanville.

After months of turning the other cheek at the angry Twitter attacks heaped on her by Brandi Glanville, country singer LeAnn Rimes is changing her tune  â€"  accusing “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” star of stoking a feud to further her reality television career .

“The transparency is what’s being used to actually continue her career with that tweet,” Rimes, 30, said during an interview on “Entertainment Tonight.”

“That’s the transparency for me. Sorry, if you want to be real honest, I’ll be real honest. It’s pretty ridiculous,” she added. "It's a very one-sided war."

PHOTOS: THE WORST CELEBRITY FEUDS

At the center of the Twitter feud between the past and present wives of actor Eddie Cibrian is that Rimes has taken to calling her stepsons, Glanville’s two young sons, “her boys.”

That launched the “Housewives” star into a frenzy.

“Someone is trying 2 get under my skin by calling MY children ‘her boys,” Glanville tweeted last month. “ Sooo transparent!

“They R MY boys, Eddie’s Boys and ur step-sons … 4 now.”

Cibrian, 39, and Rimes, 30, fell into each other's arms while filming the Lifetime movie "Northern Lights" three years ago. Their torrid affair led Cibrian to divorce his then-wife Glanville and Rimes to end her marriage to husband Dean Sherement.

Glanville confided to friends that she doesn't want her kids alone with the country crooner, sources told the Daily News' Confidenti@l column last year. She previously accused the new Mrs. Cibrian of letting her 5-year-old son Jake get sick after mistaking a laxative out of Rimes' purse for candy.

“They’re with us half the time â€" I am never going to let a child walk into my house and not feel the love that they feel at their mom’s house,” Rimes told Entertainment Tonight’s Nancy O’Dell.

Much of Rimes’ most intense criticism during the multi-night “Entertainment Tonight” interview, however, was saved for herself.

“It’s so hard to talk about, because I don’t condone what I did,” she said of the affair that wrecked two marriages.

“But I have no apologies for the love I have of my husband.”

Rimes also admitted she does harbor a nagging fear that Cibrian could one day cheat on her with someone else.

"I would be ignorant to say, and everyone else would think I am a liar if I didn't say yes, and I have at times," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment