Friday, January 11, 2013

Demi Lovato residing in sober living facility for the past year

Demi Lovato residing in sober living facility for the past year

LOS ANGELES, CA - DECEMBER 20:  Demi Lovato attends the season finale of Fox's "The X Factor" at CBS Televison City on December 20, 2012 in Los Angeles, California.  (Photo by Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic)

Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic

Demi Lovato has spoken candidly about her personal struggles.

Singer and “X Factor” judge Demi Lovato has been bunking in a Los Angeles sober living facility for the last year to stay on a healthy track, a source confirmed to the Daily News.

The beautiful and beloved former Disney star has been vocal about her struggles with anorexia, bulimia, cutting and bipolar disorder since spending three months in rehab in 2010.

Last March, she admitted in an MTV documentary titled “Stay Strong” that her self-destructive habits were hard to break.

''I cannot tell you that I have not thrown up since treatment. I cannot tell you that I have not cut myself since treatment. I'm not perfect," the 20-year-old revealed.

"An addiction is an obsession, something that takes over your mind and your every thought. You think that you can't live without it. For me, it was not eating and purging and self-harming," she said in the candid glimpse at her seemingly glamorous life.

She originally entered the Illinois-based Timberline Knolls rehab facility in late 2010 after spiraling out of control and punching a back-up dancer.

After her release, the “Camp Rock” actress told People magazine that the stint marked her discovery of her bipolar disorder.

"Looking back, it makes sense," she told People of her diagnosis. "There were times when I was so manic, I was writing seven songs in one night and I'd be up until 5:30 in the morning."

Her new digs at an unidentified sober facility in southern California were first reported by TMZ.com.

Sources told TMZ that during the entire last season of "X Factor," Lovato felt it was best to return home to the facility, where she wouldn't lose her way.

She told the UK mag Fabulous last Spring that the few times she’s “slipped up” since rehab have been learning experiences.

“I wouldn’t change what I went through. I’ve learned from it, and it’s made me stronger,” she said.

ndillon@nydailynews.com

Click for video

No comments:

Post a Comment