Thursday, December 20, 2012

'Voice' winner: I'm already writing songs 'non-stop' for new album

'Voice' winner: I'm already writing songs 'non-stop' for new album


	THE VOICE -- "Live Show" Episode 321B -- Pictured: Cassadee Pope -- (Photo by: Tyler Golden/NBC)

Cassadee Pope is the season three winner of 'The Voice.'

Only one day after she was crowned the winner of “The Voice,” Cassadee Pope is already working on an album.

“I’ve been writing songs non-stop for a while now,” she told the Daily News, hinting that her new album will have a bit of country influence. “I am going to hit the ground running,” said Pope, 23.

Coached by country crooner Blake Shelton, the plucky pop-rock singer was the last one standing after Tuesday’s two-hour season finale.

An awestruck Pope thanked the coaches, especially Shelton, for believing in her.

“I’m pretty hard on myself, so having someone like Blake has been amazing,” said Pope. “Just looking at him, he doesn’t apologize for who he is.”

Pope, from West Palm Beach, Fla., started her music career as the lead singer of the music group Hey Monday. She left the band to pursue her dream of a solo career.

The show also gave her the opportunity to perform with her idol Avril Lavigne, she cooed.

“It was such a dream come true. I used to try to sound like her when I was younger,” gushed Pope. “My mom actually said at one point she wasn’t sure which one of us was singing!”

Scottish rocker Terry McDermott and soul singer Nicholas David took second and third place. But Pope said that she “would have been happy to lose to either of them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment